NOTE:
SAFARI seems to no longer work
for comments...use another browser?

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Feet on a tuffet--

Finally, a day to loll about and recover from The Pernicious Bassett Bug! I'm hoping to be in the very pinkest pink of health by my reading from A Death at the White Camellia Orphanage on Thursday the 12th at The Green Toad Bookstore, Oneonta. Today I am relaxing and writing my talk called "The Library's Child" for the MALIA, the library conference in Roanoke.

Yesterday I drove to Bard College to drop off our daughter and her mighty loads of laundry and camera equipment--always an odd experience at this time of year, winding to the southeast and watching spring unfold. Our four-inch tulip leaves here are blooming tulips there, and Dutchess County is frothy with forsythia. Olana rising from the hilltops, the Rip van Winkle bridge, the Fisher Center: all these always remind me what a dunce I am to forget my camera.

Read chapter one of A Death at the White Camellia Orphanage at Scribd.
Learn more about the book here.
Scroll down for Goodreads giveaways and more.

Writing advice for today: Ignore all advice. Just write, and let the writing teach you where to go and how to know. 

8 comments:

  1. Here's to pinkness, and to spring reaching your latitude and longitude as well.
    Good luck shaking the bug before the reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm going to go get some serious cough medicine and kill this thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes on your health and your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathleen,

    I'm rather bemused at having made it through the winter with good health, only to be clobbered in spring. Cold spring, but still, spring.

    Thanks!

    Finished my talk draft and shall look at it again tomorrow and decide what to keep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Miss Muffet, glad to hear you are resting yet well prepared for your talk. Just get well now and good luck!

    I've also had a lingering occasional tickle and cough for a long time... we do need a warm spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Marja-Leena--

    I am ready. Just hopped out of bed to slug down some more cough medicine! Ack! Nevertheless, am on the mend...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually, the worst colds seem to be at the change of seasons... summer being the most awful, imo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this one hopped from the hospital, as it was going around there. Unfortunate patients!

    Eh, forging ahead--

    ReplyDelete

Alas, I must once again remind large numbers of Chinese salesmen and other worldwide peddlers that if they fall into the Gulf of Spam, they will be eaten by roaming Balrogs. The rest of you, lovers of grace, poetry, and horses (nod to Yeats--you do not have to be fond of horses), feel free to leave fascinating missives and curious arguments.