NOTE:
SAFARI seems to no longer work
for comments...use another browser?

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Review and blog posts by Randy Hoyt


I have not seen the review as yet, but Randy Hoyt has reviewed The Throne of Psyche for Mythprint, the journal of The Mythopoeic Society, edited by Jason Fisher. Evidently he talked about the title poem at length in the review, but he has also posted several poems and comments on his blog. You may find "The Exile's Track" here and "Near the End of the World" here. It's always interesting to see what poems people are especially drawn to note.

I'd also like to say thanks to those of you who have passed on the word about the book. I posted the first of these links a day or so on facebook and soon afterward noticed that there were more than forty re-postings. Word of mouth and word-on-web are so very important for books of poetry, their publishers, and their authors:  thank you!

Meanwhile, I am still in my burrow, madly dueling with dual book deadlines. I am about to move on to the second one, so I am making progress.

5 comments:

  1. Ah, so we are both little burrowing creatures hard at work. Sorry not to be as regular a visitor to 'The Palace' as I would like. Oh the deadlines, oh the worry! Roll on November when I can get my life back on track again. Ho hum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marly! So glad to hear the book is getting the attention it deserves. Perhaps this will spread to the other books you publish as well.
    I wish I had contact with more poetry type people right now. Since I lost my job, I see lots of yogis and hikers, few readers of poetry. However, I can recommend your fiction, and perhaps if they get interested, they will try the poetry too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clive,

    We are in the same groove once again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robbi,

    Mad day here, since we had to be in Ilion and Annandale-on-Hudson simultaneously...

    Yes, I have faith in word of mouth. It may not be the fastest mode unless one has a "push," but it works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you that all your hard work is paying off!

    ReplyDelete

Alas, I must once again remind large numbers of Chinese salesmen and other worldwide peddlers that if they fall into the Gulf of Spam, they will be eaten by roaming Balrogs. The rest of you, lovers of grace, poetry, and horses (nod to Yeats--you do not have to be fond of horses), feel free to leave fascinating missives and curious arguments.