- Glimmerglass, fall 2014
- Thaliad 2012
- The Foliate Head 2012
- A Death at the White Camellia Orphanage 2012
- The Throne of Psyche 2011
- Val/Orson 2009
- Ingledove 2005
- Claire 2003
- The Curse of the Raven Mocker 2003
- The Wolf Pit 2001
- Catherwood 1996
- Little Jordan 1995
- Short stories and poems
- ☆ Events ☆
- Marly Youmans
Sunday, October 23, 2011
My writing room
I've had requests for a peek at my writing room, but I've always said no, generally because it is often quite messy. But since I cleaned it up so that my daughter could film me in that setting... here goes. Now don't expect an 1808 house to be level (well, this room is in a Victorian-era addition.) The wallpaper was chosen by a little girl who seems to have been quite fond of nails, as I had to pull about a hundred of the things out of the wall. So don't blame me for the girly wallpaper! Well, you may blame me for being lazy and not pulling it down...
What you can find, if you look closer:
1. A Welsh tea towel with the Welsh dragon that Clare Dudman gave me the day we went to Castle Powis with Dave Bonta.
2. A carved black bird that my husband gave me after The Curse of the Raven Mocker came out.
3. Wade fairy tale figures from Red Rose Tea in a cabinet. And more Red Rose tea figures--once you have a fairy tale set, people give you more...
4. Art by my children when they were little, including: a big framed naked lady centaur with baby centaurs by my daughter; a mercury glass bottle made by my eldest son; an Egyptian box made by my younger son. Etcetera.
5. Funeral parlor fans from Georgia.
6. A pair of wooden doves that my husband gave me when Ingledove appeared.
7. Aberystwyth beach stones and netsuke.
8. I have some originals of book covers elsewhere, but you can find images by various people who have either contributed artwork to my books or else published me in magazines: Steve Cieslawski, Clive Hicks-Jenkins, James A. Owen (that's the signed black-and-white print), and Renato Alarcao. And there's a broadsheet by poet Jeffery Beam.
9. An 1875 sampler--I have some others elsewhere, but I thought that I needed at least one alphabet on the wall...
10. Litera Scripta Manet. And much more, if you have a Where's Waldo? sensibility.