NOTE:
SAFARI seems to no longer work
for comments...use another browser?

Friday, April 29, 2016

Maze of Blood - reader voting

Two of the unluckiest things that have happened in my life happened on a May 20th, so I'm hesitant to mention this, as it closes on that date. I tend to dive through that date on the calendar in hopes that nothing bad happens.

But if you are a fan of Maze of Blood, you have the chance to vote on the book for a new readers' award. The book is currently a finalist for the Foreword indie awards in the literary fiction category--as were Glimmerglass and A Death at the White Camellia Orphanage, the latter of which won the Silver prize for fiction. Here is the page for my book.

Evidently voting is done by leaving a comment plus hashtag #INDIEFABFAVE; if you're a Facebook member and check the box, it'll also post a notice to Facebook. If not a Facebook member, I think that you have to create a Foreword Reviews account, an easy thing to make, in order to vote. Foreword says, "The book with the most reader endorsements will be named the INDIEFAB Reader’s Choice Winner." And that's the story. Thanks to any kind souls who fly that way and vote.

https://indiefab.forewordreviews.com/books/maze-of-blood/
And it's a two-post day; see below....

4 comments:

  1. I cannot believe that anything bad has ever happened to you. Not to say you've lived a bland, unimportant, unadventurous life; rather that your written persona, which is all I know, is proof of balance, wit and resilience.

    I haven't read Maze of Blood; I'm not sure it's my kettle of fish. But take heart, I haven't read The Brothers Karamazov, Heart of Darkness, The Ambassadors, Peregrine Pickle, Tender is the Night,
    Mason & Dixon, any Martin Amis... Well, you get the idea. You're in good company.

    I hope you get the award but if you don't you can comfort yourself with the thought that Indiefab Reader's Choice is an inelegant phrase. I visit The Palace at 2 am for its energy, its surprises and the sense of a living three-dimensional being. I am pleased you are the age you are (which is no age at all) and I enjoy the knowing way you wear those heavy-rimmed glasses; unplumbed depths I tell myself, there's more to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are unfailingly amusing, even about the stressful (the bad things that come to us all without fail, age, etc.) Also: glasses.

      And I'm not a bit surprised you think it might not be your kettle. I was quite surprised when I was seized by the idea of it. I knew that I wanted to fool around with a life as a template, but I did not expect that one. But the story takes place in a world I'm not unfamiliar with--dusty towns in the deep South, desire to do a thing that the world doesn't care whether you accomplish, men without social skills, flight via imagination, etc.--so I felt it not so strange in the end.

      Delete
  2. Robbie! You must read this book! It's one of the best kettle of fish ever (like me discovering excellent Reds -- you know what I mean), and Marly, I'll be back this afternoon to look into how to vote for Maze of Blood.

    ReplyDelete

Alas, I must once again remind large numbers of Chinese salesmen and other worldwide peddlers that if they fall into the Gulf of Spam, they will be eaten by roaming Balrogs. The rest of you, lovers of grace, poetry, and horses (nod to Yeats--you do not have to be fond of horses), feel free to leave fascinating missives and curious arguments.