NOTE:
SAFARI seems to no longer work
for comments...use another browser?

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

On the road, days 8-11

Photo by Rebecca Beatrice Miller, August 2013
After a splendiferous time in the Triangle, I toddled off to Cullowhee, where I am staying with my mother on top of a mountain with wonderful views. Yesterday we went to Asheville to see the little house where my eldest son is living--the place buried in flowers--and went out to dinner at Tupelo Honey.

I am especially excited about tomorrow's reading at Malaprop's in Asheville because Paul and Lynn Digby are coming all the way from Ohio to attend; Paul has made videos for my poems, and the three of us are working on a collaborative project involving poetry, music, and painting. Further, it will be fun to meet Nathan Ballingrud, who is my co-reader, and his friends. And I'll see lots of others, including my son and my wonderful high school English teacher, Nancy Potts Coward, who with always predicted a grand future in words for me--so sweet!

Now I have to figure out how to shorten a reading down to 20 minutes, though... And plan frolics! Frolics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alas, I must once again remind large numbers of Chinese salesmen and other worldwide peddlers that if they fall into the Gulf of Spam, they will be eaten by roaming Balrogs. The rest of you, lovers of grace, poetry, and horses (nod to Yeats--you do not have to be fond of horses), feel free to leave fascinating missives and curious arguments.