NOTE:
SAFARI seems to no longer work
for comments...use another browser?

Tuesday, July 02, 2013

4th publication of "An Incident at Agate Beach"

"Ocean Sky" by Nathan Allworth.
On the Oregon coast. Courtesy
of the photographer and www.sxc.hu.
An Incident at Agate Beach is online! The story originally appeared in James Artimus Owen's handsome Argosy Quarterly 3 (2005) and has proved popular. It was reprinted in the anthology Northwest Passage: A Cascadian Odyssey (Windstorm, 2005) and in The Year’s Best in Fantasy and Horror, edited by Ellen Datlow, Gavin Grant, and Kelly Link (St. Martin’s Griffin, 2006.)

Today the tale is published for the fourth time at weirdfictionreview.com, a site (what an attractive home page!) dreamed up by the well-known-for-weird team of Jeff and Ann Vandermeer and managed by also weirdoholic Adam Mills. It is, indeed, a strange, fantastic thing, and I hope will find many new readers.

The day I visited Agate Beach in Oregon, I knew that I would write a story about the place. But this is not the one I expected. If you have comments, there's a spot to leave them at the close of the story. Enjoy!

Oh, and thanks to Rebecca Beatrice Miller for that leading-with-the-chin, uncanny eyebrow portrait...

4 comments:

  1. I'll go over there and have a look. Thanks Marly. I think I've been there too. Gorgeous coastline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you came home again without too much adventure? XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, a spell-binding story, Marly! I could not stop reading it and was feeling a kind of dread. Wow.

    (Sorry I did not comment over there as I still fear the 'mal' might cause harm.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dread... good! I haven't written anything in that mode for quite a while but that one keeps moving out into the world...

    I'm glad you liked it.

    And hope your site is well soon!

    ReplyDelete

Alas, I must once again remind large numbers of Chinese salesmen and other worldwide peddlers that if they fall into the Gulf of Spam, they will be eaten by roaming Balrogs. The rest of you, lovers of grace, poetry, and horses (nod to Yeats--you do not have to be fond of horses), feel free to leave fascinating missives and curious arguments.