NOTE:
SAFARI seems to no longer work
for comments...use another browser?

Friday, January 06, 2012

One of those days

Detail,Yolanda Sharpe painting, Earlville Opera House Show.
I am reading A Death at the White Camellia Orphanage for the very last time--it's about to go to the printer. And I am having one of those awful days where absurd things happen, and everything goes wrong. The most recent thing is that I just broke the glass in a biggish watercolor by Louis D. Rubin, Jr.  Glass all over the dining room that I will have to pick up without accidentally slicing off my head, which is where I am supposed to keep my brain, though today I am not sure where it is. Honestly. I'm going out with a painter friend, Yolanda. Shall have to be careful not to be run over by an elephant escaped from a traveling circus or be stung by a knot of winter bees or eat a poisonous fish. Because it's one of those sorts of days.

13 comments:

  1. I love your imaginative catalogue of disasters. I hope none of them or any more ordinary ones either befall you. Enjoy your day and say hi to Yolanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch, sounds like a bad day indeed. Hope it all got better when spending it with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually in keeping with the rest, this was to go up before lunch but didn't. The five of us went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant in Oneonta... Too much food, but no accidents.

    Yay for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that you got to the end of the day with no more accidents. Accidents usually come when we're clumsy with tiredness, so please heed the warning dear friend and try to get some rest.

    Seriously!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yawn. You may be right, Clive! Struck by insomnia at 2:50 this morning, though. Why? Wrestling and much else today...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the day didn't turn out to be as bad as you feared.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marly, I like the possible accidents that you list. Those keep the boring-blah-blahs away from any day. :)

    YO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miss Yo-Yo,

    I must leave for wrestling meet. Who knows what could happen on the way?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Robbi, missed your comment--yes, I seem to be surviving. Sleep helped, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Better but busy! I suspect I won't have a scrap of extra time until two out of three go back to college...

    ReplyDelete

Alas, I must once again remind large numbers of Chinese salesmen and other worldwide peddlers that if they fall into the Gulf of Spam, they will be eaten by roaming Balrogs. The rest of you, lovers of grace, poetry, and horses (nod to Yeats--you do not have to be fond of horses), feel free to leave fascinating missives and curious arguments.