NOTE:
SAFARI seems to no longer work
for comments...use another browser?

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Peeping Thomasina

Seen online--fun recent quotes from artists about Glimmerglass and more...
  • Jackie Morris Jolly good. Mine is the same and I NEED all of your books by Marly Youmans
    3 hrs · Unlike · 1
  • Clive Hicks-Jenkins Marly Youmans is a wonderful writer, and so with or without artwork by me, she deserves being on your shelves. I loved working on 'Glimmerglass', and I think that her epic poem with Phoenicia Publishing, 'Thaliad', is a masterpiece. When I printed out the manuscript prior to starting my work, I thought it looked daunting, though thereafter I read it in a single sitting. And then I read it again, and again, and again. There are passages in it that bring me up short every time. Utterly ravishing.
    3 hrs · Edited · Unlike · 2
The thread is here.

* * *


Tilly, belonging to artist and writer and editor
Terri Windling-Gayton, with Glimmerglass
in over-the-sea Chagford.
Jackie also re-posted Clive's catalogue of recent quotes on Glimmerglass:
Clive Hicks-Jenkins

Three quotes that have made me very happy this week:

"This is one of the most beautiful books, inside and out, I've read."
novelist Scott Thompson

"Prettiest cover of 2014."
singer/songwriter Steve Slagg

"One of the great covers and designs in the history of American publishing."
writer Philip Lee Williams  
Jackie's re-post and comments are here.

2 comments:

  1. It may not add much to your bottom line, but my copy of Glimmerglass will soon add some beauty and class to my mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tim. I hope you enjoy it! Since only some 3% of writers support themselves by writing, bottom line doesn't tend to be prime motivation.

      Delete

Alas, I must once again remind large numbers of Chinese salesmen and other worldwide peddlers that if they fall into the Gulf of Spam, they will be eaten by roaming Balrogs. The rest of you, lovers of grace, poetry, and horses (nod to Yeats--you do not have to be fond of horses), feel free to leave fascinating missives and curious arguments.