NOTE:
SAFARI seems to no longer work
for comments...use another browser?

Wednesday, September 04, 2013

On the road: fall

After the reading... Marly Youmans and poet Jeffery Beam at Flyleaf.
Photo by painter Laura Murphy Frankstone.
I'll be going back South in November to visit and talk at Wofford College, where Jeremy L. C. Jones is using both Thaliad and A Death at the White Camellia Orphanage in literature classes. I'll also be reading from The Foliate Head (and maybe more) at Hub City Books, and maybe doing a workshop. And I'm contemplating what else I might do while on the road or in the Carolinas...

Perhaps I'll add an event or two since I enjoyed my last Carolina tour so much--13 exhausting days of frolic and readings and roads. But right now I need to get children ready for school and do some ferrying.

2 comments:

  1. A busy schedule!
    What I want to know is who pays the ferryman?

    Two months to get everything in order (kids produce a month of grot in one week, so you'll need to get your skates on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobody pays the ferryman! Or ferrywoman... Ferrying is simply part of her doom or glory!

    We have finally gotten to the end of all possible tries for the mac, and are going to our local computer docs in hopes they can save R's films and art and writing. Hard way to learn backup. Thanks for your help and advice. We made slight headway but...

    ReplyDelete

Alas, I must once again remind large numbers of Chinese salesmen and other worldwide peddlers that if they fall into the Gulf of Spam, they will be eaten by roaming Balrogs. The rest of you, lovers of grace, poetry, and horses (nod to Yeats--you do not have to be fond of horses), feel free to leave fascinating missives and curious arguments.