NOTE:
SAFARI seems to no longer work
for comments...use another browser?

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Linkfest: some poems online

Images from three in-print poetry books--
The Throne of Psyche,
Thaliad
,
and The Foliate Head.
All art by Clive Hicks-Jenkins.

I have added about 150 links to poems online on the stories-and-poems page. Some are poems or excerpts from published books--Claire (LSU), The Throne of Psyche (Mercer), The Foliate Head (UK: Stanza), and Thaliad (Montreal: Phoenicia)--and others are from future books, including a good many poems from The Book of the Red King. Some of them are not final versions, having been tweaked before they found a home in a book.

Thanks to Clive Hicks-Jenkins and three wonderful designers--Andrew Wakelin of Wales for The Foliate Head, Mary-Frances Glover Burt of Atlanta for The Throne of Psyche, and Elizabeth Adams for Thaliad--the books are beautiful. Good to have and to hold and to read.

5 comments:

  1. An obscure, even fearful, maybe resentful, comment followed by two weeks' silence. And it all happened while I was frying my brains down in the Languedoc. Have I been dilatory?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, not resentful. I'm really a cheerful person, but I like to read comments and here are none.

    I'm just having a very difficult, complicated summer with a large number of issues to solve. For example, in the past week my youngest dropped out of the college he was to now attend (transfer student) and went to another. Paperwork, payment problems, apartment, etcetera. And that was not my largest problem in the past month. Life. Just complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, didn't want to pry. Especially about the rollercoaster-ride that is parenthood. Your subsequent post arouses strong emotions and I'll be back for it in a while. Yes, you are cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why, but you keep going to the Gulf of Spam! No worry; I shall rescue you.

    ReplyDelete

Alas, I must once again remind large numbers of Chinese salesmen and other worldwide peddlers that if they fall into the Gulf of Spam, they will be eaten by roaming Balrogs. The rest of you, lovers of grace, poetry, and horses (nod to Yeats--you do not have to be fond of horses), feel free to leave fascinating missives and curious arguments.