NOTE:
SAFARI seems to no longer work
for comments...use another browser?

Friday, December 18, 2015

"literary treasure"

Glad to be on another end-of-the-year list! This time it's a site new to me, The Imaginative Conservative, with Books for Christmas: the Headmaster Recommends.
Marly Youmans’ Glimmerglass: A NovelYoumans is a poet who writes novels. Her prose is beautiful. There were many lines I read out loud to my wife. When I finished it, she read it and we agreed, this book is a literary treasure.
I'm glad last year's book is still being recommended, as Maze of Blood arrived so close on the heels of Glimmerglass. Thanks, Headmaster!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alas, I must once again remind large numbers of Chinese salesmen and other worldwide peddlers that if they fall into the Gulf of Spam, they will be eaten by roaming Balrogs. The rest of you, lovers of grace, poetry, and horses (nod to Yeats--you do not have to be fond of horses), feel free to leave fascinating missives and curious arguments.