NOTE:
SAFARI seems to no longer work
for comments...use another browser?

Tuesday, September 09, 2014

The illuminator, cock-a-hoop!




My copies of 'Glimmerglass' have arrived from Mercer University Press in the US, neatly and safely packed. I'm cock-a-hoop with delight. This is SUCH a pretty book, from its generously-sized reproductions of my chapter-headings, to the tawny endpapers picking up colours from the jacket. Mercer and the designer Mary-Frances Glover Burt have between them done a great job. Marly must be a happy author. I'm certainly a happy illuminator!  --Clive Hicks-Jenkins on facebook

I'm so glad he is pleased with the new book!

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to my copy. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Tis.

    I expect you'll get it very soon, since fb-Julie said hers came today...

    ReplyDelete

Alas, I must once again remind large numbers of Chinese salesmen and other worldwide peddlers that if they fall into the Gulf of Spam, they will be eaten by roaming Balrogs. The rest of you, lovers of grace, poetry, and horses (nod to Yeats--you do not have to be fond of horses), feel free to leave fascinating missives and curious arguments.