NOTE:
SAFARI seems to no longer work
for comments...use another browser?

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Death of a wordsmith

Micah Mattix on the death of critic D. G. Myers here. Patrick Kurp is putting together a memorial of words from many writers and friends, and I'll post more links later. Critic without fear, fierce lover of literature, wordsmith bold to talk about cancer and religion and humor and many another thing, family man, professor... may his memory be a blessing.

Here is the start of a collection of tributes to the man.
Here is his blog, well worth exploring.

2 comments:

  1. As I have noted at my blog, I considered David a friend, and I am very sad about his death. I hope his blog will remain as his living memorial for all to visit and cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'll have to link to you when I do the links... I have no wifi here, so my own words will be a bit sparse...

    ReplyDelete

Alas, I must once again remind large numbers of Chinese salesmen and other worldwide peddlers that if they fall into the Gulf of Spam, they will be eaten by roaming Balrogs. The rest of you, lovers of grace, poetry, and horses (nod to Yeats--you do not have to be fond of horses), feel free to leave fascinating missives and curious arguments.