NOTE:
SAFARI seems to no longer work
for comments...use another browser?

Monday, January 15, 2018

Updatery

Brazilian photographer André Rainaud of Vitória, Espírito Santo
For the curious who must know and for the curious who are merely idle, well, I am barely back from a nine-day trip to North Carolina--all five of us shut up in a Tundra truck for 1800 miles round trip! And we survived and had no fights and no burst pipes at home, so that is lovely.

I have plunged back into frigid Cooperstown life and duties--and am also polishing on a novel manuscript set in the fascinating seventeenth-century world of those who called themselves "the godly," aka the Puritans. Perhaps I will now understand the Yankee mind better.

Now that long books are out of fashion, I have finally written a long book. How strange that is! And yet somehow typical. I did not intend to be against the grain but somehow once again I am. The book is a good bit more than 500 print pages long, as it is almost that long in typescript.

And so I shall be scurrying about fulfilling promises and then hurrying home to scour my manuscript and keep the house from tumbling down for the next several weeks. I have various bits of book-related news, some of which I have already discussed in the Rollipoke, that I will be announcing in a month or so. And with luck and labors, I shall be doing something or other with this large novel soon.

Send chocolate, be well, and stay cozy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alas, I must once again remind large numbers of Chinese salesmen and other worldwide peddlers that if they fall into the Gulf of Spam, they will be eaten by roaming Balrogs. The rest of you, lovers of grace, poetry, and horses (nod to Yeats--you do not have to be fond of horses), feel free to leave fascinating missives and curious arguments.