NOTE:
SAFARI seems to no longer work
for comments...use another browser?

Sunday, December 13, 2020

Charis, Cáer, Ghosts


Gaudete Sunday, Rose Sunday... 
Our ramshackle 1808 federal getting duded up in Advent by my husband...



CHARIS IN THE WORLD OF WONDERS

Continuing to have Covid-era supply chain and other problems with indies and sometimes with Amazon and Ingram, so if you planned to read Charis in the World of Wonders, please don't let that dissuade you but support the book even if it takes a bit longer to arrive than you or I would like. I am, frankly, disheartened by my third (9-11, HarperCollins collapse, Covid19) intersection of a novel launch with a disaster. Who has that kind of mad luck? Me. Contemplating whether the universe wants me to stop writing novels...

It is on sale via Ignatius Press, and they have copies--I'd be even more worried about what the universe thinks if they vanished. All seems possible in 2020!

CÁER

Here's a poem of mine up at First Things this morning. It's about Cáer Ibormeith--Aengus fell in love with her in a dream, and that mythic love and hunt for the beloved  was the  inspiration for Yeats's great early lyric, "The Song of Wandering Aengus."


BEST BOOKS 2020

"The Best Books I Read in 2020." Charis in the World of Wonders makes an appearance, and I also have a note included. 

and GHOSTS

And I just realized that another of my "tinies" is up at The North American Anglican. An odd little thing but  mine own: "The Teeny Ghosts."


The header image at NAA is Franz Sedlacek's Blumen und Insekte...


2 comments:

Alas, I must once again remind large numbers of Chinese salesmen and other worldwide peddlers that if they fall into the Gulf of Spam, they will be eaten by roaming Balrogs. The rest of you, lovers of grace, poetry, and horses (nod to Yeats--you do not have to be fond of horses), feel free to leave fascinating missives and curious arguments.