NOTE:
SAFARI seems to no longer work
for comments...use another browser?

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Distractible me

Clive Hicks-Jenkins, My Dream Farm
When I could have been doing research or cleaning the house or writing something more sensible, I have been seized by the possibly-silly impulse to quorate. And as both my current forays into Quora deal with collaborator Clive Hicks-Jenkins, I shall post links to my answers.

Who is your favorite illustrator?

and

If you had to live inside a painting forever, what painting would you choose?


More Quora frittering:

6 comments:

  1. Very enjoyable distractions, Marly. A life without distractions would be rather than music without notes. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John Cage wrote some of that. Music without notes.

      Delete
  2. I remember having a John Cage album: full of sound and fury but (to me) signifying nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Constable's The Hay Wain. Lying on clean straw in the back of the wagon, savouring the absolute immobility of a hot summer day alleviated by the chuckles of the river. The sound of water is often all that's necessary. A trashy but well-written thriller in my back pocket; buouyed up by the delightful thought that I won't need it. That grammar can go to hell for the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's a good choice! An idyllic forever moment.

      Delete

Alas, I must once again remind large numbers of Chinese salesmen and other worldwide peddlers that if they fall into the Gulf of Spam, they will be eaten by roaming Balrogs. The rest of you, lovers of grace, poetry, and horses (nod to Yeats--you do not have to be fond of horses), feel free to leave fascinating missives and curious arguments.