NOTE:
SAFARI seems to no longer work
for comments...use another browser?

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Confetti for Ingledove

My daughter's favorite writer was very generous to somebody she had never met; she sent my editor this "blurb" for Ingledove, forthcoming May 7th:

INGLEDOVE is a marvelous book. I loved it and thought it was even better than Marly Youmans's first book about the magic land of Adantis, The Curse of the Raven Mocker, where the inhabitants and their magic are half Cherokee, half Border Celtic. I loved the way the Hidden Land materializes around you as you read as naturally as breathing. And the magic seems to arise almost as naturally--though it can be as sudden and cruel as a snakebite--and all of it is always breathtakingly wonderful. Then, instead of leaving you simply gasping at her marvels, Marly Youmans has the courage and the good sense to point out that experiences of this order cause people to change. I really admired this book.

--Diana Wynne Jones