NOTE:
SAFARI seems to no longer work
for comments...use another browser?

Thursday, January 01, 2015

Glimmering New Year

Here's a little Pinterest board I made on New Year's Day. It's composed of pictures I found on the web (on blogs and twitter and Facebook), all of Glimmerglass at various people's houses. If you send me a link to a picture, I'll put yours up as well. (A lot of people have posted the cover with comments, but it has to be a picture that shows at least a wisp of the setting.)


And here's a #tbt picture for New Year's Day, pilfered from my daughter's twitter and posted on Facebook and now finally here. It's me with my little Rebecca Beatrice, a kindergartner at the time... so I am either 43 or 44, and that's the front porch of our house in Greenville, South Carolina. It was a lovely, ramshackle Arts and Crafts / Tudor, and I hated to leave it behind.

Wishing you love and peace and metaphysical gold on New Year's Day! 


4 comments:

  1. Ah, proof that all that glimmers can indeed be golden . . .
    Happy New Year from R. T. at the revived blog, Beyond Eastrod ( -- the explanation for the revival is posted at both blogs) . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tim--

      I'm not surprised! Shall mosey over and see when things calm down...

      Delete
  2. Oh, beautiful mother and daughter! How that word 'glimmer' has popped up here and there - one commenter called my frost flowers my own glimmerglass. And another at 'gift books' hopes you will respond to a query about teachers who were a great influence on you. Connections abound...

    Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marja-Leena--

      I shall take a look at that post! And thank you...

      Delete

Alas, I must once again remind large numbers of Chinese salesmen and other worldwide peddlers that if they fall into the Gulf of Spam, they will be eaten by roaming Balrogs. The rest of you, lovers of grace, poetry, and horses (nod to Yeats--you do not have to be fond of horses), feel free to leave fascinating missives and curious arguments.