NOTE:
SAFARI seems to no longer work
for comments...use another browser?

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

on Catherwood

"Mainly I want to get people reading that book, which is one of the glories of American fiction from the last 50 years."

            --John Wilson, editor of Books and Culture.
              On twitter, June 11, 2014 
New edition of Catherwood by the end of the year! Review clips, "best of" citations, and information on editions here.

Comment used by permission. I am once again grateful to someone never met in person, someone who has been a strong advocate for my books. Thank you.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, congratulations on your decision to have it republished! Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure how I am going as yet... But wait and see...

      Delete
  2. Fantastic! This is thrilling news, Marly.
    Hardback too, hopefully?

    The world unearths a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul, I have turned down some very kind invitations from publishers and am going to do my own small reprint press, I think--unless I chicken out! Hadn't thought of a hardcover... Was thinking of ebook plus paperback. But maybe!

      Delete
  3. I think I've told you before, but....one of my all-time favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, your own small reprint press, absolutely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we shall see whether I'm too big a nincompoop to carry it out or not!

      Delete

Alas, I must once again remind large numbers of Chinese salesmen and other worldwide peddlers that if they fall into the Gulf of Spam, they will be eaten by roaming Balrogs. The rest of you, lovers of grace, poetry, and horses (nod to Yeats--you do not have to be fond of horses), feel free to leave fascinating missives and curious arguments.