NOTE:
SAFARI seems to no longer work
for comments...use another browser?

Friday, December 27, 2013

Spam is funny

It's so sincere in its attempt to butter the blogger, right up to the unexpected end:
Have you ever considered publishing ann [sic] ebook or guest authoring on other blogs? I have a blog based on the same subjects you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my audience would enjoy your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an email. My webpage ... Can You Get Rid of Herpes on Word-doodling
I rejoice in Spamalot!

3 comments:

  1. What is it about people who dedicate themselves to such "spam"? Some, of course, are harmless nuisances. And they are good for a smile. Some, on the other hand, are up to no good. I wish Blogger had better ways of filtering out the ne'er-do-wells. I've heard about some strategies, which I have attempted, but the looney-toons still get through now and then. It almost makes Blogger not worthwhile. Perhaps other blogging platforms are better designed. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. R. T.,

    I ignore the Spam section of comments because they're almost always right. Then I just delete anything that slips through the cracks. Too lazy to do otherwise!

    Robbi,

    Yes, not! But absurd...

    ReplyDelete

Alas, I must once again remind large numbers of Chinese salesmen and other worldwide peddlers that if they fall into the Gulf of Spam, they will be eaten by roaming Balrogs. The rest of you, lovers of grace, poetry, and horses (nod to Yeats--you do not have to be fond of horses), feel free to leave fascinating missives and curious arguments.