NOTE:
SAFARI seems to no longer work
for comments...use another browser?

Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Tumbleweed

I have abandoned the family in New York and gone rambling down South--last night I was in Harrisonburg, Virginia, and tonight I will be in Cullowhee, NC. On the 7th I'll be going to a dinner with Mercer University Press and their supporters in Atlanta, and the next day I'll be doing a book-signing for my 2012 novel, A Death at the White Camellia Orphanage, and The Throne of Psyche (2011 poetry collection) and attending an author luncheon for 400. And this will be my last set of events for 2012. I'll be doing more for this year's poetry books, The Foliate Head and the just-out Thaliad, in 2013. (Click on the tabs above if you want to know more about any of those books...)

2 comments:

  1. I love it when you write 'Cullowhee'! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy,

    Shall catch up with you when I get back--or maybe at my mother's house. No wireless, but...

    Yes, it's a great place to say that you are from! Means "valley of the lilies" in Cherokee. I think it's the athabasca lily the name refers to--whee!

    ReplyDelete

Alas, I must once again remind large numbers of Chinese salesmen and other worldwide peddlers that if they fall into the Gulf of Spam, they will be eaten by roaming Balrogs. The rest of you, lovers of grace, poetry, and horses (nod to Yeats--you do not have to be fond of horses), feel free to leave fascinating missives and curious arguments.