NOTE:
SAFARI seems to no longer work
for comments...use another browser?

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Rebecca and Campbell, Cake Caterers

Rebecca and Campbell, two old friends from summer camp,
get together in my Cooperstown kitchen and make cake!
Little hamburgers, all cake and icing and dyed coconut.

Happy birthday, Campbell Higle!

Congratulations to Campbell, now leaving for
Trinity College, Dublin as a freshman.
The Emma Willard cyclone is on her way...

"May the road always rise to meet you . . .
may God hold you in the palm of His hand."

4 comments:

  1. Hamburger cakes! Cool.

    Sorry I've not been commenting much lately with this crazy busy week, and then my keyboard batteries died in the middle of a try yesterday. I still read every magical word here, and appreciate them greatly over at my place too! Hope sanity rules at your house, while I'm hanging dearly to mine here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madness here as well, though we had a gorgeous sunny day... and I dug around in my garden and cut things down and so on. Instead of doing what I was supposed to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable little cakes--and kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a happy send-off. Campbell is a force of nature, and I'm sure neither she nor Ireland will ever be quite what they were after a 4-year collision...

    ReplyDelete

Alas, I must once again remind large numbers of Chinese salesmen and other worldwide peddlers that if they fall into the Gulf of Spam, they will be eaten by roaming Balrogs. The rest of you, lovers of grace, poetry, and horses (nod to Yeats--you do not have to be fond of horses), feel free to leave fascinating missives and curious arguments.