NOTE:
SAFARI seems to no longer work
for comments...use another browser?

Friday, July 06, 2012

Rounding up the little doggies--

THE BUSY-FRENZY
"Oh! the Duchess, the Duchess! Oh! won't she be savage if I've kept her waiting!"
THALIAD vignette, Clive Hicks-Jenkins
And now I need to go readreadread and also snag a ticket for "Aida" at Glimmerglass Opera... Hurrah for friend Yolanda Sharpe, who is not only a grand painter but is a spectacular soprano and is the really big-bodied voice you hear in the chorus. Also on the weekend burner: a quick trip to Crumhorn Mountain to see the Scouts in their fireside frolics. We won't mention the need for house-drudgery and a total dearth of house elves: too daunting.

THE BEST CAMELLIA LINK OF THE WEEK
The best new link for A Death at the White Camellia Orphanage is Ben Steelman's review at The Wilmington Star, "Youmans's novel might be her best yet." And I also updated the book page for the novel this week.

CLIVE and BETH and THALIAD
Both Clive Hicks-Jenkins and Beth Adams have posted lots of interesting news about Thaliad. Clive's Artlog overflowing with new work for the book. Beth's Phoenicia Publishing site also has a number of posts about progress on the book.

WHOOP-EE-TI-YI-O
More web-wrestling today. Boring! I managed to ruin my Val/Orson page after pasting in a post from novelist friend Philip Lee Williams that no longer existed except as a cached copy, as he has taken down his blog... That one little action gave Blogger unnatural fits. I finally made a new page for the book and chucked the old one. Ridiculous. So go look at the new one with Phil's post; maybe I won't feel that I wasted so much time! 

6 comments:

  1. Wiliams' review is marvellous. I dearly wish I could get Val/Orson in Canada. Oh, I have an idea - may ask American sister-in-law to bring one up for me when she visits this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm surprised! I thought that it would be available since it's a British publication... Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Crumhorn Mountain to see the Scouts in their fireside frolics" sounds interesting. Looking forward to pictures from the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I've been so many times I'm not sure what pictures I took! You would have taken many, I'm sure! However, I am going back in a couple of weeks for a ceremony... shall have to be sure and take some!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting topic here in your site. Keep on posting this kind of topics. Very useful indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Alas, I must once again remind large numbers of Chinese salesmen and other worldwide peddlers that if they fall into the Gulf of Spam, they will be eaten by roaming Balrogs. The rest of you, lovers of grace, poetry, and horses (nod to Yeats--you do not have to be fond of horses), feel free to leave fascinating missives and curious arguments.