NOTE:
SAFARI seems to no longer work
for comments...use another browser?

Monday, March 19, 2012

"Like mind"

As a writer immured in an attractive bit of the boondocks, I'm feeling thankful for the right uses of the internet for exactly this reason: 

The ideals which have lighted me on my way and time after time given me new courage to face life cheerfully, have been Truth, Goodness, and Beauty. Without the sense of fellowship with men of like mind, of preoccupation with the objective, the eternally unattainable in the field of art and scientific research, life would have seemed to me empty.   --Einstein


So thank you, my fellows, known and unknown!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Dale--

    I'm out of town but still in boondocks... and was just thinking about connections, feeling grateful, remembering how overcome with excitement Melville was at meeting Hawthorne. And in our time we can meet so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With Dale I say thank you as well. You offer your blog readers, FB friends, etc. the same qualities you seek in them. I hope your trip is interesting and that some time you will take a longer one out to this end of the world. I'm sure Dale hopes the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that was kind--and I hope so, too. Haven't been to the west coast since I was in my 20's. Shan't bother saying when that was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, as Robbi said... so happy for these connections and thankful too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paul,

    Good beans!

    Marja-Leena,

    Yes, I have enjoyed spying out new people through the net.

    ReplyDelete

Alas, I must once again remind large numbers of Chinese salesmen and other worldwide peddlers that if they fall into the Gulf of Spam, they will be eaten by roaming Balrogs. The rest of you, lovers of grace, poetry, and horses (nod to Yeats--you do not have to be fond of horses), feel free to leave fascinating missives and curious arguments.