NOTE:
SAFARI seems to no longer work
for comments...use another browser?

Friday, March 30, 2012

Launch Day: Clare Dudman interview and more




"A Death at the White Camellia Orphanage" tells of a young boy's travels through the black heart of Depression America and his search for light both metaphorical and real. Writing with a controlled lyrical passion, Marly Youmans has crafted the finest, and the truest period novel I’ve read in years.            

     --Lucius Shepard

March 30th at last: today A Death at the White Camellia Orphanage officially enters the world. (To read the first chapter, go here. To read more about the book, go here. To buy the book in hardcover or as ebook from an online seller, go here. To find a store and obtain a copy from an indie, go to IndieBound.)

UK novelist Clare Dudman has contributed another piece to the launch interview, and you may find it at Keeper of the Snails.  If you have kept company with me here for a while, you may remember that poet Dave Bonta and I met up with Clare at Powys Castle in Wales, back in May of last year.

Two more launch announcement pieces are: poet Katie Hoerth's post at Katie's Blog; poet Robbi Nester's post at Shadow Knows.

Thank you to all of these writers. And if you don't know Clare's novels or Katie and Robbi's poetry, please take a closer look at their blogs...

Please pop down to the next post for a rather different celebration of the day!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Marly, though all I did was post a link to the chapter and a few reviewers' blurbs. I look forward to reading the book myself, so I can make informed comments on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should also note that these days I do not post my poetry on my blog, except links to publications. All of those are also gathered at my Red Room writer's page: Red Room
    My chapbook, Balance, has a Facebook page too, at
    Balance

    ReplyDelete

Alas, I must once again remind large numbers of Chinese salesmen and other worldwide peddlers that if they fall into the Gulf of Spam, they will be eaten by roaming Balrogs. The rest of you, lovers of grace, poetry, and horses (nod to Yeats--you do not have to be fond of horses), feel free to leave fascinating missives and curious arguments.